Canada Embassy in Ouagadougou

Embassy of Canada in Ouagadougou

Canada Embassy in Ouagadougou

Diplomatic representation of Canada. Information on consular services of the Canadian Embassy of in Burkina Faso. You can contact the consular department of the embassy for visa application, passports, consular statements, legalisation of documents and information of the opening hours of the different departments of the Embassy of Canada in Ouagadougou.

All info on the Canadian Embassy in Ouagadougou


Canadian Embassy in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso 316 Professeur Joseph Kizerbo Avenue 01 P.O. Box 548 01Ouagadougou Burkina Faso

Telephone Number:

(+226) 50 31 18 94

Fax Number:

(+226) 50 31 19 00




Mr Ivan Roberts - Ambassador

Office Hours:



Canadian Embassy responsibilities

Are, among others, processing visa applications from tourists planning to visit Canada, processing passport renewals and applications, dealing with paperwork for marriages between host country citizens and Canadian nationals, and documents for births and deaths.

Trade assistance

The Canadian Embassy in Ouagadougou can also assist with trade missions between Burkina Faso and Canada, political matters, repatriations of Canadian citizens and much more.

Embassies and Consulates

In larger countries abroad an Embassy would be found in the capital or principal city of that country and, perhaps, smaller diplomatic missions, called Consulates, located in other cities, manned by an Honorary Consul (a British national) and reporting to the main consul in the embassy.

Canadian Embassies and High Commissions are bilateral missions abroad and represent the government of Canada in foreign countries. All the major Canadian embassies and High Commissions are located in the capital of the host country.

A Canadian embassy is usually divided in certain departments with the major departments being a visa and passport section, trade and commercial section and a political section.

The Canadian Ambassador or High Commissioner is the head at the Embassy and are are typically appointed by the highest level of the Canadian government. In some countries where there is no Canadian Embassy or High Commission present you will usually find a Consulate or a Honorary Consul.